Friday, July 31, 2009

Writerly Responsibility...

Okay, right now, I’m working on a story about revenge and redemption. I mentioned the idea to a friend. And her response – Oh Phoebe, you shouldn’t do that. You hear all the time about someone on the news doing this or that because of a book they read. Gee, if we writers worried about that, nothing would ever get written. Should I be responsible for someone taking one of my ideas and actually committing the act? Good question.


But this story I’m working on… It’s eating away at my brain. There’s a lot of my past tied to this story. It’s like I have to finish it to resolve something. Yet part of me is pushing to NOT finish it. That tells me I need to push harder. Because it’s a good story. I like it. And right now, that’s all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. I was told a good writer writes for him/herself, not others. Jf others happen to like the story, all the better.
    Very intrigued, looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete